The last few years have brought old and new challenges to the relevance of destinations marketing and/or management organizations (DMOs) raising the question, what does it take to be a destination organization of the Future? At Destinations International’s Annual Convention, we will this issue in the Global All-Stars mainstage session and in other breakout sessions with experts and DMO leaders from both North America and Europe. Here are a set of resources from Miles Partnership and Coraggio Group to help review your role, responsibilities and capabilities as a destination organization of the future.
- Global All-Stars 2022: Destination Organization of the Future - presentations & resources
- Funding for Tomorrow: A major global research study outlining future focused tourism taxation and funding models for DMOs – research, webinars and additional resources
- Sustainable Tourism Tool Kit: This is a summary of resources from Miles and our partners on planning for and managing sustainable tourism and destination management
- Leading Effective Strategy: White papers, discussion documents and other resources from Coraggio Group
- Time for DMOcracy: A major global research project defining best practices for DMOs to engage successfully with their local communities. See an introduction of the project here (report available November 2022)
- Climate Change Action White Paper Series: Review the "26 for COP-26" white paper series for 26 practical areas of action on climate change for DMOs and their industry partners
More information resources from Miles Partnership and Coraggio Group