The Google DMO Partnership Program is an initiative that seeks to engage destinations around the world through opportunities to enhance consumer-facing content across a range of Google’s products and tools.
The Google DMO Partnership Program was introduced at the Destinations International Annual Convention in July 2017 and has been growing steadily since then. About 100 destination marketing organizations have enrolled in the program that is designed to provide tools and tactics to improve the completeness, quality and accuracy of destination content across Google Maps, Destination Travel Guides, the Google Trips app and more.
As part of the program, Google provides free access to 13 tools and solutions for DMOs through its Knowledge Base. Access to the Knowledge Base requires an application be submitted on behalf of the official DMO.
Miles' Program Support Services
Miles is supporting Google in the roll out of the program to DMOs globally and provides support services designed to help organizations maximize their results. Miles offers paid assistance with auditing of destination content across the Google product ecosystem, providing staff training and industry education resources, content creation and optimization assistance, and other expert support.
To find out more about the destination support services offered by Miles, please email Kim Palmer, Program Manager, or call her at +1 941 342 2312.
Program Update (Spring 2019)
- Last year, the Bermuda Tourism Authority (BTA) was the first national DMO to capture and update its own StreetView content for the entire country. The program, which was a collaboration between the BTA and Miles, was recognized with a Platinum Adrian Award from HSMAI this year! Read the blog post to learn more about the program.
- The DMOs that have been part of Miles’ program Support Services are making a huge impact in the quality of their destination representation across Google’s products. At the start of February, 75+ destinations had added more than 19,000 images that had generated a total of 71,925,000 views.
- There are unique opportunities to use the program tools as part of your destination’s disaster response planning. Miles has developed programs to help Puerto Rico further recover from the hurricanes of 2017; aid Sonoma County, CA in understanding where wildfire imagery was impacting consumer sentiment; and assist destinations on Florida’s west coast by proactively responding to a devastating Red Tide event last summer.
- Thousands of travel-related businesses have attended educational events, including webinars and in-person workshops, hosted by dozens of DMOs in multiple countries. More than 95% of attending businesses who completed surveys rated the session information as “Extremely Valuable" or “Valuable.”
- Capturing Google Street View in Bermuda: Miles worked with the Bermuda Tourism Authority on their innovative Street View program, one of the first of its kind. This blog post highlights the program, its success and the valuable benefits Street View offers DMOs.
- Expanding Your Presence on Google: As part of US Travel’s ESTO Webinar Series Miles’ Kim Palmer, Chris Adams and CA Clark introduced the Google DMO Partnership Program and provided simple, free steps any DMO or tourism business can do to enhance their presence on Google.
- Miles Blog Posts: The “Google Brings Change, Challenges & Opportunities” blog, developed in conjunction with the US Travel webinar, highlights changes happening with Google’s platforms and what this means for DMOs and tourism businesses. Check out additional related blog posts here.
- Google Street View Summit Presentation: At Google’s Street View Summit in May 2018, CA Clark introduced the role of DMOs to Street View partners, summarized the program as well as Miles’ support services.
- New Technology and Trends in Street View Webinar: In this spotlight segment during The State of the American Traveler webinar, CA Clark introduced the new cameras and opportunities for creating 360 content for destinations or tourism businesses on Google Street View.
- Destinations International Presentation 2018: At the 2018 Destinations International Annual Convention, Google and Miles hosted a workshop on the Google DMO Partnership Program one year after the initial introductory workshop at the 2017 convention. The 2018 workshop session shared insights and results from the program in addition to the latest tools and tips for DMOs and tourism businesses.
Contact Us for More Information:
For North American DMOs, contact Nate Huff at +1 941 342 2360
For DMOs outside of North America, contact Chris Adams at +1 303 842 3394 or +64 9 974 2452