We’re excited to be back at Destinations International’s Annual Convention next week in Dallas, Texas. And we’ve made sure there’s ample opportunity for us to connect. Catch us at our keynote session, “The Destination Organization of the Future: Prepared for What Lies Ahead,” during one of our four Flashes of Brilliance sessions on July 19 and July 20, in our Pinnacle Partner Room (Fair Park 2) or in the halls! Connecting with industry colleagues (and friends) and sharing knowledge with one another is truly one of our favorite parts of the convention experience.
We would be remiss if we didn’t also mention how excited we are to explore Dallas during the conference (we’re travel enthusiasts, what can we say?).
In keeping with the convention theme of "Reimagine" and kicking off “The Year of RE,” we did a little “REconnaissance” of our own and asked our Dallas-based team members to share some of their favorite places to help your team and ours experience the city like locals—and they did not disappoint! A special thank you to Vince Tatarian, Ryan Thompson, David Laffitte, Jordan Wollman and Vivian Overschmidt for sharing these Dallas gems with us.
Ok, let’s start with the essentials: Food + Drink.
Dallas’ restaurant scene packs a variety of flavors and experiences. Whether you’re looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a late-night snack, we’ve got you covered.
- Pecan Lodge (Texas BBQ? Say less.)
- Café Madrid
- Nick & Sam’s
- La La Land (Coffee with a purpose: this café hires and mentors foster youth and is on a mission to spread kindness)
Gather your colleagues and stop by one of the many vibrant bars, breweries and cocktail lounges. Cheers to good times at:
- HG Sply Co. (Hello, rooftop views)
- The Standard Pour (Named one of the top places for bourbon in the U.S.)
- Katy Trail Icehouse
- Bar Eden
- Happiest Hour (Largest patio bar in Dallas)
- Community Beer Co.
- Deep Ellum Brewery (First craft brewery in Dallas)
- The Honor Bar
Did you know? Dallas is the ninth largest city in the U.S.
Cool fact, but what does this have to do with Annual Convention? Well, it means you can take your pick of fun activities and things to do while you’re in town. Here’s a few of our team’s favorites:
- Dallas Museum of Art (Free admission)
- Perot Museum (Keep an eye out for the T-Rex on the escalator)
- Dallas Arboretum
- Dallas Farmers Market (Check out Taqueria La Ventana while you’re there!)
- Nasher Sculpture Center
- Crow Museum of Asian Art (Free admission)
- Cidercade (Arcade Bar)
- Electric Shuffle (High-tech shuffleboard)
- Reunion Tower
We hope these recommendations inspire some incredible local adventures and memories. And be sure to let us know which ones you enjoyed when you see us at the conference!