In partnership with TravelAbility
Miles Partnership is expanding its commitment to work with destinations and tourism businesses to better serve travelers with disabilities. In July 2021, Miles and TravelAbility, the organizers of the TravelAbility Summit, announced a partnership to collaborate on a variety of accessibility initiatives, including providing joint webinars, educational workshops, digital best practices and research.
Below are Miles' presentations from the 2021 TravelAbility Summit below plus other resources from Miles team members, partners and industry leaders on disability travel.
Engaging & Converting Travelers with Disabilities
Commissioned specifically for the TravelAbility Summit, this is the very latest research on the attitudes and needs of US travelers with disabilities. This custom research was conducted in early August 2021 by Destination Analysts and Miles Partnership as part of Destination Analysts’ ongoing COVID-19 travel insights research. The research shares the latest insights on the U.S. travel market, the impact of the new Delta variant of COVID-19 and the opportunities for destinations and tourism businesses to engage with, support and convert travelers with disabilities.
- View more research from our quarterly The State of the American Traveler research with Destination Analysts here
Accessible Landing Page Audits
Other White Papers & Research on Disability Travel
- World Travel & Tourism Council's "Inclusive & Accessible Travel Guidelines" (May 2021) - see here
- Open Doors 2020 Market Study on the Size of Disability Travel in USA (paid report) – see here
Blogs from the Miles Team
- 4 (Potentially Unexpected) Benefits of Virtual Experience in honor of World Autism Day – see here
- 5 Ways to Improve the Accessibility of Your Critical Information – see here